Yahoo and MSN to Join Forces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dara

Looks like Yahoo and MSN (BING) are set to join forces. From my understanding Yahoo will use Bing software for search and Bing will use Yahoo software for advertising etc..Anyone have any thoughts on this?

stephen186

I do not think it will happen at anytime soon.

Moreover..there are chances that after launch of google OS and after some years google might takeover yahoo and Bing both.......:p

tomed

Looks like Yahoo and MSN (BING) are set to join forces. From my understanding Yahoo will use Bing software for search and Bing will use Yahoo software for advertising etc..Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I think it's brilliant and long overdue - it's exactly what advertisers need. Google have had the monopoly too long and at least this will give another network with potentially 30-40% of web search traffic (when combined).
It just gives advertisers more options.

I do not think it will happen at anytime soon.

I can't see it taking too long to be honest - Microsft know they need to catch up on Google and this is one of their plan of attacks.

Moreover..there are chances that after launch of google OS and after some years google might takeover yahoo and Bing both.......:p

Unlikely, but possibly the exact thinking behind Microsoft's move. They're running scared at the moment and know they need to do something soon to catch up!

Status
Not open for further replies.