Status
Not open for further replies.

RedCardinal

I see Blacknight there as well :)
I wonder how they generate the snippet under the URL?
Is it based on the meta description or can you manually record it?

louie

Nice. Not a clue how Alexa manages the rank but it looks like is working.
I just linked the latest 5 treads to one of my website.

Redfly

Congratulations! You don't have to be popular to be alexa popular, but you do have to be popular to be in the alexa top 100 for your country. :)

davidbehan

The average joe soap wouldn't have alexa installed on their machine though, would they? I think it's more technical heads using alexa (AFAIK) and the results may prove it with the likes of sourceforge.com, domaintools.com, technorati.com... do joe soaps usually visit these sites and if their usage was counted, would they make it to this top 100?

Still, it's probably the only decent indication of what sites are being "generally" used by surfers in Ireland. Not suprised at seeing google.ie, eircom.net or daft.ie in that list but interesting to see the likes of the 2 or 3 polish sites in there (including google.pl - just shows the amount of polish living here), gaydar.ie (probably a bigger community/market than some imagine), electricpicnic.ie (didn't see oxygen on the list... that mean more interest in electric picnic... also, it's higher than ticketmaster).

All said... good to see IWF and Blacknight up there in the list!

I think I'll now install the alexa toolbar!

Dave

TheMenace

Hmmm. Yeah, Alexa seems to be the domain of the web nerd. Hardly representative of the larger web surfing public. Good work all the same but, let's face it, it's hardly a good indicator considering this forum is considerably quieter than, say, Creative Ireland. (even though this is a hell of a lot better)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm. Yeah, Alexa seems to be the domain of the web nerd. Hardly representative of the larger web surfing public. Good work all the same but, let's face it, it's hardly a good indicator considering this forum is considerably quieter than, say, Creative Ireland. (even though this is a hell of a lot better)
Oh I know - Alexa is fairly meaningless, but as I said on my blog - some people think it's uber important (enough said!)

TheMenace

Well it's definitely important if you're target audience is techies, designers, etc. so I guess it's good indicator that this site is reaching its target audience.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I really should have recorded the position! Damn!
We're currently 84

(that's more for my own records than anything else!)

paul

Ninja
God I love stats !

Since the start of the year I've been tracking my Alexa result. I've installed it on my IE version to send a few hits, but at least now the values look a bit 1/2 decent.
View attachment 57
And general traffic for the site has just over doubled in the time frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.