Anyone know how to merge two different google accounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoff

Hi guys,

I have struck a strange problem in that I used two different email addresses for two different Google services and I can't seem to merge the two in to one profile..

I registered for Google Analytics with my gmail account, and used my company email for my adsense/adwords login. Now my analytics contains useful info I don't want to loose and after the hassle of setting up the payment system etc with adsense I don't want to ditch that account.

I've had a look around the various control panels, but it seems hard to find an answer.. Google seems to be a federated union of web panels, rather than a singular supplier of quality tools.

As for why I did it, all I can say is 'it seemed like a good idea at the time' :D

I have emailed Google, any other suggestions?

G

Register.ie

Merge accounts

Hi guys,

I have struck a strange problem in that I used two different email addresses for two different Google services and I can't seem to merge the two in to one profile..

I registered for Google Analytics with my gmail account, and used my company email for my adsense/adwords login. Now my analytics contains useful info I don't want to loose and after the hassle of setting up the payment system etc with adsense I don't want to ditch that account.

I've had a look around the various control panels, but it seems hard to find an answer.. Google seems to be a federated union of web panels, rather than a singular supplier of quality tools.

As for why I did it, all I can say is 'it seemed like a good idea at the time' :D

I have emailed Google, any other suggestions?

G

Hi Geoff, yhou can try this link, it may have the information you are looking for.

Google Analytics Help Centre

Geoff

Thanks, I didn't think of adding another user (as myself). For the record and anyone else having the same problem in the future, here is the fix:
[SIZE=-0][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-0] How do I grant access to my Analytics reports to other users? [/SIZE]

Google Analytics provides the ability to add any number of users to your account and to grant varying levels of access to your reports. You may grant access to the reports of particular profiles when adding a new user or modify access for existing users.
To grant access when adding a new user:
  1. Click Access Manager
  2. Click Add
  3. Enter the user's email address, last name and first name. The email address must be a Google Account.
  4. Select the Access type for this user: View reports only or Account Administrator, which allows the user to edit account settings
  5. Select the profiles to which this user should have access. Reports for profiles that are not selected will not be available to this user
  6. Click Add to move these profiles to the Selected Website Profiles list
  7. Click Finish to create the new user. They can now log in using their Google Account email address and password.
To modify access for an existing user:
  1. Click Access Manager
  2. Find the user in the Existing Access list and click Edit
  3. From the Available Website Profiles, select the profiles to which this user should have access. Reports for profiles that are not selected will not be available to this user
  4. Click Add to move these profiles to the Selected Website Profiles list
  5. Click Save Changes to update this user's access

Geoff

Thanks BN, that worked slightly better for me as my webmaster tools login was left out the other way.

Many thanks again.

G

Status
Not open for further replies.