Status
Not open for further replies.

nevf

I'm looking for the best software for Auctioning goods and services, like eBay essentially.

I'd like to have it in PHP/MySQL preferably or else asp.net. Would prefer open source, but I don't mind paying for it if I'm getting good value for money.

Does anybody have any suggestions? If people want to know more about my requirements, I have no problem telling them, but to be honest, I'm just looking for software that is sturdy and reliable really, that works, and easy to design.

Just putting it out there to see if anybody can come up with anything?
This was the most suitable forum i could find. Hope it's okay here. :)

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
There are a LOT of both open and non-open source solutions for running auction sites
What kind of options do you need?

nevf

Looking for one that works similar in functionality to ebay - I dont want just an exact clone of ebay though, just similar in terms of fuinctionality(the way people for stuff, etc.)...

Has to be Sturdy and reliable to the extent that I don't want one thats full of security bugs, and one that could either handle realex or sagepay would be nice, even though, if I had to develop thaat code into it myself, that'd be no biggie really.

Has to be easy to template and easy to expand in terms of easy to develop fetures like SMS and things like that into it and also scalable to the extent that it's not too heavy on a server and one that if it gets a small bit extra traffic will collapse (which happened me when i was demoing classifieds ads software last week, like wtf?) - I'd like either asp.net or php/mysql.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, but which payment modules do you want?
Do you want something that is SEO ready (or at least somewhat close to it)

nevf

SEO would be nice to have.

Don't really care about any other features other than those I listed in this thread because a lot of the features will be implemented myself. For example, features like SMS and things like that will be put in myself.

php.allstar

PHP Pro Bid Auction Script is one of the best PHP/MySQL versions I've come across.

Haven't implemented it myself but did take it for a test drive. It looks really good, they seem to have put a lot of effort into it so I'm sure the templating, SEO and the ability to integrate custom modules will be there too.

Auction software - might be of use?

Hi All,

I am new to this forum, but came across this thread from twitter - so hello!

I don't know of this helps - but we provide a hosted online solution - we license our product to you, and look after the technical stuff, whilst you worry about the day to day running and marketing of the site.

We have a Protx/SagePay module already written, which sounds as though it would be useful for you.

It's scalable and very bullet proof.

You can get in touch with us on twitter @alannewman or @sensibledevelop (as I can't link back to our site, and I don't want to be a pain) - no worries if it is not for you.

- Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.