Catching dropped domains query

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanTheMan

Am I right in assuming that attempting to catch a dropped domain with any half decent traffic/page rank is next to impossible now a days? What with domain tasting and registrars offering domains for auction instead of releasing them, the good days are over?

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
You can still try :)

There are a number of dropcatching services out there that seem to be quite successful

DanTheMan

Name and shame indeed :)

As I understand it Enom has agreements with a number of registrars which means any of these domains go straight to Namejets auctions when they drop, right? I want to domain that is in redemption but it was registered with ENOM. Therefore godaddys back ordering won't catch it?

Orinovo

Hi, Namejet have exclusive agreements with Enom and Network Solutions for any domains that are expiring to be offered at their site for auction, funny enough GoDaddy are barely capable of catching their own expiring domains in my experience. Snapnames used to have this arrangement but seem to be reduced to just doing private auctions after been taken over, Pool are also another dropcatcher. I used to participate alot in the old snapnames auctions and got some good domains but am not a big fan of Namejet, you're gonna need deep pockets and will also need to be verified to bid above $1000.
Namejet with Enom also have the up and coming ".tv" corner to themselves with some premium .tv domains being offered from $500 to $15,000 or more per year :eek:

DanTheMan

Hi, Namejet have exclusive agreements with Enom and Network Solutions for any domains that are expiring to be offered at their site for auction, funny enough GoDaddy are barely capable of catching their own expiring domains in my experience. Snapnames used to have this arrangement but seem to be reduced to just doing private auctions after been taken over, Pool are also another dropcatcher. I used to participate alot in the old snapnames auctions and got some good domains but am not a big fan of Namejet, you're gonna need deep pockets and will also need to be verified to bid above $1000.
Namejet with Enom also have the up and coming ".tv" corner to themselves with some premium .tv domains being offered from $500 to $15,000 or more per year :eek:

Thanks for the very informative response!

Status
Not open for further replies.