Status
Not open for further replies.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone had any success using the various domain monetisation platforms to get money out of their existing domain portfolios?

bizhat

Parking is like killing the domain ? Why park your domain if you have traffic to it ?

Redfly

Yes, I have 150 domain names registered with traffic club. They are domains I have registered over the years for projects and sites that never materialized or that I placed on the "Backburner".

trafficclub.com utilises 4 different landing sponsors and automatically optimises your sponsor based on your traffic.

I make approx $15 a day on the parked domains. It covers the cost of the domains and a little extra and I have the benefit of using the domains at a later date too (And get the added benefit of a SERP boost because search engines DO give value to a domains age).

Not an integral part of my business (Obviously) but a little extra cash doesn't get snuffed at.

I'd say a lot of money could be made assuming you had the volume of domains and the right keywords in the domain as well as dictionary words. If I had $100000 right now, I would consider investing half in getting into domaining. I think that's about what you need to make a proper income from it.

Redfly

I'm just using it as a "holding shop" for my domains. Just handy that they take care of everything.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I do the same, but I have a lot more control over them :)

The problem I found with a lot of the domain parking services was that you had to either do redirects or change the DNS, so the service I'm now using is ideal

See this one for example

Redfly

:) you probably have a lot more names though?
Actually, as traffic club splits the traffic up between 4 different sponsors, you can see which performs best. Skenzo is performing best for my portfolio and interestingly, Google is performing worst.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
:) you probably have a lot more names though?

Personally I don't

Actually, as traffic club splits the traffic up between 4 different sponsors, you can see which performs best. Skenzo is performing best for my portfolio and interestingly, Google is performing worst.

Interesting. The lot I'm using also use a combination, but I don't think there's any way to see what the breakdown is

Redfly

Thats why I like TrafficClub. You cn see breakdowns. In the future, if I decide to make a go of it I may change. I could move the domains that are performing well for each sponsor to them directly and cut out the middle man. You could see using TrafficClub as a "Testing Ground".

You don't have many personally? Not to intrude, but do you redirect all your customers new and expired domains to a domain sponsor?

jmcc

I do the same, but I have a lot more control over them :)

The problem I found with a lot of the domain parking services was that you had to either do redirects or change the DNS, so the service I'm now using is ideal

See this one for example
More bloody graverobbing. :)

macshop 2006-01-12 DEL
macshop 2006-09-18 NEW

Actually there is an alarming trend in some previously high profile .ie domains being reregistered. Some of them are MFAs. The biggest one was local.ie in 2004 (which has a pile of original content though). But other lesser ones have been reregistered since.

This is actually a backdoor into Google because they are useless at ccTLD detection and tend to remove most of the rules that would ordinarily apply for gTLD domains when it comes to ccTLDs. Now what could I do with these millions of ccTLD domains that I've mapped? ;)

I've got that historical analysis of .ie domains (new/deletion dates since 2001) completed and will be rolling it out over the next few days. Since I'll be doing the global updates at the same time, I might as well add all the com/net/org/biz/info/etc data going back to 2000 as well.

I had considered adding .eu but so far it looks like the whole ccTLD is squatted/coming soon/MFA'd/parked.

Regards...jmcc

Cormac

I applied to have one of my domains > JD and Coke < parked with Domain Sponser but they rejected my application. They didn't provide any information as to why I was rejected but I imagine it is due to a lack of traffic since the domain is fairly new and has hardly any backlinks. What alternatives are there for a new domain?

rajiwebstar

It works only of split your domains and parked them to the best payout parking companies. I have parked my partial domains to sedo and rest of to namedrive. This enables me to judge which works out best for my portfolio.

Status
Not open for further replies.