Status
Not open for further replies.

jsweb

Hi all,

I'm interest to know your thoughts as to whether the following solutions would be of interest to anyone.

A) eCommerce > Accounting

Aimed at those who are already running an eCommerce website but would benefit from this integrating with their Business accounting softward (e.g. Sage). The accounting software would be kept up to date post each web sale?

B) Accounting > eCommerce

For existing businesses who already use an accounting package (e.g. Sage) but are looking to venture online; The application will extract key product details and populate a brand new eCommerce web solution.

C) New to web

A one-stop-solution for new start up businesses who are seeking an eCommerce website and accounting package. Either the accounting software or eCommerce site can be set to being MASTER to keep the other application in Sync.

I'd be interest to hear any constructive comments/feedback on these solutions.
Also if you are using an accounting system currently which have you chosen?

Much appreciated

Jamie @JSWeb

Wild Thing

deffo A but all will have benefits. Problem with A is there are so many carts out there.
Sage I think would be the most popular.

achieve

About to start a job this side for existing business and sucessful website, where client will be selling "spare parts" probably using OsCommerce as eCommerce solution. Initial questions have been raised about possibility of incorporating online sales into existing accounting package. My client uses the "Big Red Book", which I am not very familiar with.

jsweb

**** SNIP ****

Well we have seen this working between ZenCart and Sage but not yet an eCommerce platform and Big Red Book - how many others are using Big Red Book ?

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
I've reopened this thread ... any more blatant self promotion posts will result in me banning people

Consider yourselves warned (this applies to other threads as well)

We're all in the same game here web design / development ... if the forum becomes complete self promotion .. "oh look at me I'm great" ... its going to lose any value.

dropbop

there is a great software called linnworks, it can do everything.

I set this up for a client a few months back and it runs 4 of their websites, 3 zencart and 1 oscommerce.

Once you integrate it you can pretty muct rin your sites from it. It does everything from take the orders from your sites, email the clients with customised emails for each step of the order process, do you accounts and billing etc... fantastic piece of software.

neweb

About to start a job this side for existing business and sucessful website, where client will be selling "spare parts" probably using OsCommerce as eCommerce solution. Initial questions have been raised about possibility of incorporating online sales into existing accounting package. My client uses the "Big Red Book", which I am not very familiar with.

This would be the best eCommerce package to use as so many others have spawned from this. For example, I use Zen cart and there is very little between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.