Status
Not open for further replies.

Graham

Hi all,

This might sound like a strange request but I need to find the designer for the site Index of /

The guy who owns the domain has lost his contact details and needs the site brought back up.

If anyone knows him can you please let me know, I'll log back on tomorrow.

Thanks,

G

Graham

Hi Louie,

No think it was a guy called Noel Fitz.

I've got an email address for him but its an old student account with DCU.

The domain names register know that the domain is owned by the director of the company but Hosting365 wont give him out the password etc to access the root as the designer set up the account with them.

So unless he can get some help from the domain name register with Hosting 365 or I find the designer he's stuck paying for hosting he can't actually use.

Thanks for your help,

G

Gavin

If you are listed as the owner of the domain, then you should be able to gain access to your hosting account.

Ownership of a domain and ownership of hosting are two separate things and there is a very good reason to have a security policy in place.

a call and see what they can help you with as they are more up-to-date on this kind of situation.

I hope you are getting paid for this dribble and for referring customers from a competitor. Wonder what would happen if I tried that on here. :rolleyes:

Graham contact H365 by telephone and see if you can get to speak with a supervisor, they should be able to assist. If you get stuck send me a PM and I'll help sort it for you.

paul

Ninja
Louie, its a H365 issue not blacknight so stop trying to steal business off h365!
I'm sure that was an oversight on his part, relax buddy. (btw. I like your Red Soxs blog design)

Edit : okay it wasn't an oversight. Either way people need to relax a little , it's only Monday FFS !

louie

Obviously the customer can't get any help so is looking for a solution to his problem.
You hardly thing I am going to refer them to the same person he already tried, so I am giving the man an alternative.
I understand security issues, but hey, that must be some other way to deal with the situation and help this customer out like, photo id, cc statements, utility bill, just to mention a few.

You are telling me that if my business goes down, none of my customers are capable of getting the hosting details, unless I say so?

What about in a situation where I am on Holiday and there is no way to contact me ( I am rich so I can afford to take 1-2 moths twice a year ), is my customer going to wait for me?

Sorry guys if I offend anybody (not my intention), but don't take it to heart - business is business and if you have a problem with this then you should ask yourself "why?"

Have never dealt with H365, but I have dealt with Blacknight after having hosting issues myself, and because I am happy with the service, I am going to recommend them no-matter what.

BTW - NO I am not getting paid for this - but I do enjoy it when people are having a heart attacks when a competitor name is mentioned.

God - you really need to grow-up and while you are at it if you have a second to spare have a read of this: define:competition - Google Search

We are business people not gangsters.

rooneydavid

@Paul: Thanks! :)

@Gavin: Thats very true, if it was the other way around you would be banned in an extream case.

@Louis: This has turned into a debate on hosting when really Graham wanted to find a web designer who has fallen off the face of the earth. The minute Hosting 365 was mentioned you straight away jumped in with Blacknight and the longest keyword injected link I have ever seen.

Obviously the customer can't get any help so is looking for a solution to his problem.

The solution to the problem is finding the web designer in question, but since that cant be done an alt solution has come up. Which is as Gavin stated, contact H365 speak to a superviser. If that doesnt work Gavin will take care of it. So going off on a Business 101 lecture is really not needed.

louie

Is not a debate or a lecture but if you get your facts right, I haven't jump to recommendation straight away, but only after he said, and I quote:
The domain names register know that the domain is owned by the director of the company but Hosting365 wont give him out the password etc to access the root as the designer set up the account with them.

so I gave him another solution.

Now, if you are up to scratch how this forum works, when you type in a URL, there is a module that fetches the page title automatically, so is not done in purpose.

People are coming to the forum for help, and usually that's what they get, but every now-and-then a spark sets the fire because some people things that "Everything is done in purpose".
And that's when the tread gets closed and the user gets no help and might never come back...

And some are trying hard to built a community...

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Though looking over the bare facts at hand, I doubt if we'd have been able to assist much either, unless all of the domain's details were in the end client's name....

Gavin

You are telling me that if my business goes down, none of my customers are capable of getting the hosting details, unless I say so?

I didn't say that at all. Everything depends on how exactly the site was set-up, how many parties are involved and what details are available for the host. I would guess you have your client sites all set-up with a standard approach but other designers/developers use a mixture of providers for different things. This is when confusion kicks in for the business owner of the website.

louie said:
What about in a situation where I am on Holiday and there is no way to contact me ( I am rich so I can afford to take 1-2 moths twice a year ), is my customer going to wait for me?

I'm in the wrong business with holidays like that. It would really depend on the specific scenario of your account. One example would be you are using an unmanaged server and locking everyone out. Not every customer is going to keep their host up to date with when they go on holidays and who is permitted to access the server, which is a reason for security policies.

louie said:
sorry guys if I offend anybody (not my intention).

Me neither Louie, take my sarcasm with a pinch of salt.

louie said:
BTW - NO I am not getting paid for this - but I do enjoy it when people are having a heart attacks when a competitor name is mentioned.

I enjoy it too, that's why I was actually poking fun at you like to name drop at any chance you get. As for the heart attack, far from it with me. I've no real interest in taking part in the bitch slapping ritual seen on boards although its classic to watch.
louie said:
God - you really need to grow-up.

If that's for me then I'm in agreement. :)

To save everyone's sanity I'm opting out. I've flagged the issue at my end.

Graham

Jaysus I have no access to the net for a few days and I cause a war :D

Gavin thanks for the offer I'll phone as soon as I can (Friday).

As far as I'm aware the owener of the company is the owner of the domain as I've seen documentation to this effect.

As for the hosting as far as I'm aware he was paying for the hosting but this I will have to resolve.

Thanks for all the replies and opinions, I'll let ye know how it works out.

Graham

Status
Not open for further replies.