Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like you've done a standard install of Joomla using the rhuk_milkyway template (it comes with Joomla).

To change the logo, go to

templates/rhuk_milkyway/images/mw_joomla_logo.png

A better option is to install a new template and build your own site using the templates structure including adding your own logo etc.

loshen

Joomla and SEO

Hi,

Google says that dynamic webpages and rich multimedia(flash sites) are not picked up by robots.
What are the alternatives. I have created HTML pages, along with a sitemap all in the sitemap.xml file. Is that the solution to the problem.
How does joomla sort out the dynamic webpages issue.
If you have some good threads, sites etc please pass them on.
Your assistance is appreciated. My site is lnwebdesign.com
Thanks

Google says that dynamic webpages and rich multimedia(flash sites) are not picked up by robots
Certainly Flash pages which have no text content are not picked up by the search engines - there's nothing to index.

But in relation to Joomla, the pages are certainly indexed. In fact there are tools built into Joomla to help with SEO such as setting your meta keywords and descriptions for an article.

Also, Joomla can display SEF (search engine friendly) urls, so you can get
for example, instead of

YourDomain.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11&Itemid=19

you get

YourDomain.com/my-web-page.html

A sitemap is also a good idea as well as putting hardlinks in the footer of your page (on just 1 page is sufficient). There is even an extension for Joomla to generate this.

SEF Urls

Setting SEF urls is built into the standard Joomla install - no payment required!

It can be done by going to the Global Configuration - it requires that your site is hosted on Apache (which most hosts use).

If you need help...just ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.