Keyword links to current page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martina

I've seen several examples of this recently, so I'm wondering whether people find it works for them.

Basically a page has several relevant keyword links. Clicking on them leads only to the page the user is currently on. I know in terms of usability it doesn't add to the user's experience of the site, and I would have thought it's not bringing anything to the table in terms of SEO. I'm interested to know what others think.

Cormac

I would imagine that technqiue would have zero affect. You'd be much better off setting up a 'tags' system if you want to get something of your content's keywords IMO.

Banana Man

I would imagine that technqiue would have zero affect. You'd be much better off setting up a 'tags' system if you want to get something of your content's keywords IMO.

Im probably not your favourite person at the moment after my last topic but could you explain what you mean by tags? Are u just talkin about meta tags?

cheers

RedCardinal

I've seen several examples of this recently, so I'm wondering whether people find it works for them.

Basically a page has several relevant keyword links. Clicking on them leads only to the page the user is currently on. I know in terms of usability it doesn't add to the user's experience of the site, and I would have thought it's not bringing anything to the table in terms of SEO. I'm interested to know what others think.
Doubt they'll get any benefit from Google anyway. Better to interlink between pages I'd imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.