ranking well in bing but not at all in google?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwrjd

I have a site - D&W Crash Repairs Wicklow - which I launched on the 28th of September. I have performed my on-site SEO the same way I do for all sites. Then I submitted my sitemap through Google Webmaster Tools and linked to the site from a blog post on my own site. This in the past has always resulted in getting indexed by Google lightening fast and ranking for key phrases quite quickly too. For some reason with this site, my process hasn't worked at all. Whilst the site ranks well on Bing for things like crash repairs wicklow, crash repair centre wicklow and breakdown recovery wicklow - this site isn't even showing up for it's own business name in Google!! There are no issues reported in webmaster tools for the site and I have to admit I'm stumped on what's going on. Any help or advice from a more qualified SEO than me (an SEO I have never claimed to be!) would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
It's definitely indexed by Google - chuck the domain name into Google search and it will show it and what it has with the "site:dwcrashrepairs.ie" search

moggwai

To be honest there isnt a whole pile the Search engine can rank you or on that home page ?? Content is a little thin if you get my meaning !!

wwrjd

thanks guys for the replies. we're happily ranking well now for things like crash repairs wicklow, crash repair centre wicklow, tow truck wicklow :) thanks again

brianbaru

Algorithms

thanks guys for the replies. we're happily ranking well now for things like crash repairs wicklow, crash repair centre wicklow, tow truck wicklow :) thanks again

Different search engine algoritms will give different results. It's much easier to rank a site on Bing using traditional SEO methods. Google on the other hand is a different kettle of fish

kiltmaster

I just took a quick look and you need to improve your metatitles, you need to have rich-keyword content related to your business (watch out for keyword stuffing) and generally you need to have content not only in your homepage but also in the pages of your website.
For your CTR it will be important if you had metadescription.

peakmount

Google runs more than one database and when you first launch a website it takes time to propogate to all. Therefore searhces can be hit and miss in the first few days

Status
Not open for further replies.