Status
Not open for further replies.

cheetah

Hi Guys,

I am creating a trading/selling website. Something similar to ebay/adverts.ie (depending on the below!), though just within a certain market. Basically I want users to be able to sell items on the site.

I have got my hands on PHP Auction Enhanced 2.51 which includes the ability to charge the seller a commision based on what they sell the item for.

I now don't know if the auction site was a way to go, or if this one is the right one. I have noticed other sites like adverts.ie have forums to sell items as apposed to an auction. This still gives the buyers to place bids, but i would need control over collecting payments for the sold items. Whether or not there is a listing fee or sale commision would depends on the script. Maybe I am better off creating something like the sitepoint.com marketplace?

Any advice? Auction vs Forum based sales (so like ebay vs adverts.ie!)...

Thanks

dropbop

Hi Guys,

I am creating a trading/selling website. Something similar to ebay/adverts.ie (depending on the below!), though just within a certain market. Basically I want users to be able to sell items on the site.

The main issue you could have is trying to get your site noticed. Adverts.ie is a very popular site which of course is a sub-sute of boards.ie which is probably the biggest and most popular forum site in teh country.

I think if you can come up with a different approch that adverts.ie has not thought of yet you could have a chance of breaking in. I would think it could cost a fair whak on marketing to get noticed above adverts.ie

I had thought about doing something similar a few months ago but after looking into it i just thought it was too much work involved and I just dont have the time for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.