Trying to buy an existing registered Domain Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zascar

I'm thinking of starting a new website, the domain name I want is this, but it is already registered. I would like to buy it so i sent an email to the info@ email address but it bounced back.

What is the best way to go about trying to find the contact details of the person that owns it?

Register.ie

I'm thinking of starting a new website, the domain name I want is this, but it is already registered. I would like to buy it so i sent an email to the info@ email address but it bounced back.

What is the best way to go about trying to find the contact details of the person that owns it?

If you use one of our tools we have developed:

Whois Lookup: Irish domain names registration details

This will give you the whois information of the person the domain in question in currently registered to.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
If you want to get a registered domain from its existing owner you should try using a 3rd party service like Afternic, Sedo or BuyDomains

Whois won't really help you most of the time, as the quality of whois accuracy is probably around 25% at the most

Zascar

Any idea what it costs to use these guys? I am not prepared to pay big money for it, was kinda hoping owner might give it to me for $50 or something...

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Any idea what it costs to use these guys? I am not prepared to pay big money for it, was kinda hoping owner might give it to me for $50 or something...
You haven't got a hope in hell of picking up a domain like that for under $100

It's a keyword rich domain, so it would be worth a high 3 figure or low 4 figure sum

Status
Not open for further replies.