UK Ltd Company Steals Content

Status
Not open for further replies.

babyboy808

That is really annoying. Happened to me quite a few times. I said it before and I'll say it again, email their host and make them take it down. 3/4 times they did it and said how sorry they were (not that it was the host's fault)

caminowebmaster

Yes, pain in the ....

The site should have been ranking for its exact match months ago, but I did not make the time to check why not.

They have taken it down and are now threatening me for posting the screenshots - lets see where this goes. And yes I did write to the host - don't know if that helped or if it was my call.

Wild Thing

I had this happen a few times with pricks hot linking images of a site that had little traffic. I had fun with them, found a few tripple X shots called them by the same filename and uploaded them to the server. Mission accomplished within 2 hrs, no more hotlinking, this was about 5 years ago when bandwidth cost a fortune. Not the same as content theft, the best one we came across was on one of our clients lingerie websites, we always had the latest ranges uploaded for them with good quality descriptions and one of their competitors always copied the descriptions word for word, a real cut and paste merchant. Anyway this new range came out, they were very sexy little thongs with diamante jewels at the back. Well we decided for a limited time only we would describe them as Del Monte instead of Diamante, the prick took the bait hook line and sinker and it remained on his website for almost 3 years until the range was discontinued. "The man from Del Monte says thong." Naturally we changed our descriptions but chuckled every time we checked his site.

Status
Not open for further replies.