Status
Not open for further replies.

kae

hi all. just thought I'd take the time to write up a quick Hello to everyone.

I'm a web developer working in Monaghan, for webworks.ie (the greatest web development company in the world (because I work for it)).

many people seem to mix up web development and web design. I am not a designer. I can't draw, and my abilities with design end at knowing what I like.

however, I like to think I'm a damned good web developer. I work with PHP, JavaScript and MySQL. while my MySQL may be average and my PHP is good, I feel my real strength is with JavaScript, which is lucky, given the current AJAX trend.

I like to write open source applications and "tricks", and have produced a few such tools which can be used by anyone. Some examples include:
1. KFM - Kae's File Manager - an Ajax file browser (an AJAX file manager)
2. klog » son of multiselect userfriendly multiselects
3. klog » curved borders, with valid CSS and unobtrusive javascript curved borders, using CSS
4. klog » multiple text-shadows text shadows, using CSS

I might have some others, but they fail to come to mind

After such a potent demonstration of my Power, you will now all fall on your knees and worship Me.

Kae

Cormac

hey kae, failte!

that's a very nice wordpress design you have there :)
fantastic even

Gavin

Now I know I am totally crap at design :(

Thanks kae for the wake up call and nice work you have there.

Redfly

I hate to drag this thread up again, but Kae, did I meet you before? At a Juggling Convention in Tralee, maybe in Trinity?

I learned everything I know about Contact Juggling from your site. I wouldn't be a DMOZ editor if it wasn't for that.

Man, I knew I recognized the name.

kae

I was invited to run a workshop at a juggling convention in Trinity, but when I turned up, I found they had moved the convention somewhere else without updating their website to reflect that.

If you're a contact juggler, you've most likely heard of me - I was the webmaster of contactjuggling.org for a few years (before I handed it over to someone else who stripped out all my hard work and replaced it with a phpBB2 forum...).

Also, you might have read my book on the subject - Kae's Guide to Contact Juggling (klog» Blog Archive » kae’s guide to contact juggling)

Small world, innit!

Redfly

Wow, yea. I have read that! Did CJ.org used to be powered by PHPnuke?

I was actually in the DIT juggling society (Did you know dreadlock Cormac?) and my girlfriend and I were in the Trinity one. I'm sure we certainly met a few times.

Oh well, we all grow up. (I still juggle sometimes though)
Certainly is a small workd :)

kae

the .org site was hand-built. I just wasn't happy with the tools that were out there, although I know the new webmaster was into phpnuke.

I used to juggle at Goldsmith Hall in Trinity. we probably met there. I can't really remember those days very well -it was seven or more years back!

To bring this back on topic, though - .org was, believe it or not, one of the first "ajax" sites out there - the chatroom in it used a frames-based messaging system to send javascript from the client to the server and back.

good times - I learned a lot while building that site.

Redfly

Yup. I am indeed. Don't worry though, my categories are ones you would not be interested in.

If you knew of me on other forums, you would know that I defend DMOZ accusations and other editors to the death. I love the conspiracy theories though ;)

Dave

Gavin

If you knew of me on other forums, you would know that I defend DMOZ accusations and other editors to the death. I love the conspiracy theories though ;)

I love the ones in DP that keep appearing, they just seem to go on forever.

*wonders what categories Dave looks after*

Yeah Kae, sorry for hijacking your thread but I couldnt resist poking Dave after reading that.

Status
Not open for further replies.