Status
Not open for further replies.

starfire

Just wondering does or would any one pay for traffic

You know these services that get 1000+ hits to you website for a certain fee
Are they worth while and if so which is the best

Gavin

Unless its from a reputable network such as Google Adwords or similar then I wouldn't chance it. Most of the traffic buying programs/sites are just a waste of money that send junk traffic that wont convert.

Are you looking at something specific?

starfire

I am just trying to increase visitors
basically
I am new to all this and its my first site
So i am trying to figure out the best way to get traffic to it

Gavin

You would be better off keeping your money than going down the traffic buying sites.

Getting traffic to a site like yours can be a slow process. If you are a member of gaming forums make sure to add your site link to your profile signature. If you are not a member then you should consider joining some and become a reputable member. Forums can be a great way of achieving traffic but it does take work & time.

starfire

thanks
I plan to try and do more with the marketing this week
I plan to join more gaming forums and advertising that way

Gavin

I plan to join more gaming forums and advertising that way

Just make sure not to join a forum for the purpose of dropping links as its frowned upon by members and forum owners. Add some value to to your posts and you'll find people will start to check out your site.

louie

Buying traffic? That scam has been going for years. You pay and they send you hits from all kind of weird sources without you gaining anything but bandwidth increase...

If I were you, keep marketing to the side for the moment and look more into building links to the website by all means (without becoming a spammer).

Optimize your website to achieve a better SE ranking and have a bit a patients.

paul

Ninja
I wouldn't waste my money (cash and bandwidth) on these offers. I mean think of how these people could be able to deliver such traffic in such short periods of time (and for so cheap).

jmcclements

There are numerous ways of implicitly paying for traffic if that makes sense..

e.g. 'entrecard' for your blog.
Competitions etc..

eamo

There are many other ways than google to get traffic to your site. yes there are loads of crap traffic sites out there, but some are real goldmines.

shivbrown

No way!! i get 300 vistors aday i no its not alot but atleast 20 of them convirt into sales.
Im not on the top of google but im getting the buisness so cant complain.
Hits dont matter, but aslong as your getting a good fair amount aday.
Google likes popular sites the more populur the better the ranking

cal

My advice is to steer clear of google ads. We used it a couple of years ago and got hit for a lot of money for not a lot of traffic. It really seems to build up

Status
Not open for further replies.