www.advancedber.com pls tell me what you think

Status
Not open for further replies.

louie

if I can see it I probably will but the site seems to be off-line.

Gavin

back on-line.

I like it. Easy to read and navigate around.

Some suggestions though:

use the footer to place the business info - company name, mailing address, phone number and business registration number. I think its EU law for a business site? Can anyone confirm actually?

I would use ALT text on the images for browser & search engine accessibility. Use clear examples of what the image is. I like Matt Cutts advice on this.

Redirect the index page into the root of the domain. Also, link home back to the full domain url. You can read some info from Matt Cutts, again.

Hope that helps.

wheres me jumpa

The logo and header need some work imo. They just dont seem to fit in. The web 2.0 style text doesnt seem to suit this type of business/site.

louie

Is not that bad but the "italic" font-style makes it worse. It can be improved alright.

Why use images for links?
You can achieve same look and feel using CSS.

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
Not too keen on your logo / top banner ... given the left text has the reflection the right text doesn't ...

Your buttons seem to have pixelation so I'd change them to gif's or something similar ... (actually I wouldn't have them as graphics at all)

Your left menu seems to be an image ? could it not be done with a ul li a .. menu .. with each item given an id .. and each id given a background image .. would be better in terms of seo

No footer disclaimer ?

No company Name / Business number on the footer ...

links page ... the links seem boring and unformated ...

Not too keen on your background colour ...

Not too keen on table designs ...

Seems to not have any meta ?

(don't worry putting one of my sites online you can take apart in a day or two ... consider anything I'm saying as suggestions / input from a non customer)

Advice ... Invest in a logo of some sort ?
Lose the table design (CSS good .. tables BAD)
Invest time in meta descriptions / keywords per page
Figure out some more CSS related stuff

BERk8

so I should go back to my designer

I appreciate the honest advice, I will have to get back to my designer I think....:(

Forbairt

Teaching / Designing / Developing
I appreciate the honest advice, I will have to get back to my designer I think....:(

Don't take it to heart too much .. the page ... works :) .. I'm just coming at it from a designers / seo point of view (at least I'd like to think I am)

Status
Not open for further replies.