Digiweb - 'sales' tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

hosting365

Probably worth mentioning the factual inaccuracy in that mail...

'your current provider' - is a wide and varied range of resellers, partners and suppliers (although I assume from what follows they mean Register365.com )

Register365.com was sold to a UK company, not an Italian one.

Phone support has actually increased - now available 7 days a week on a lo-call number (v's 5 days a week on a premium number previously)

Register365.ie are a fully Irish hosted entity, and remain the largest and leading such provider in Ireland.

Digiweb's .ie price is €5 more than Register365's.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
The stupid thing is that the domain wasn't even with 365 OR Namesco. It's actually with us.
So Digiweb are basically claiming that we've been acquired by an Italian company?
First I've heard of it

TheWebGuy

I agree !

It's just so underhanded and also a lie. The average client of ours "Trusts Us" and the way we have been dealing with them over the past 9 years. They don't fully understand about renewal of domains and leave it to ourselves.

This puts us in a very bad light and also I wonder how many others are being sent this style of email.

Ireland is awash with domain names being dropped back onto the market at the moment, great generic domains with traffic history are up for grabs. Sell those. Stop scare mongering the ordinary business owner who replies on small businesses like ours for IT Support and Guidance in these matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.