Status
Not open for further replies.

Dara

Evening all,
anyone seeing major swings for their terms on Google besides myself-think I am going half mad here:mad: What I am noticing is major variations in serps especially on G.ie going on over past 10 days -2 weeks. By major I mean from say 4th-3rd and then 1st and then back to 4th. Seemed to have settled down but tonight went mad again and I saw big jumps for some of my sites. They then as quickly drop back-any thoughts? Could it be the possibility of Google re-evaluating their no follow links strategy?

jmcc

Must be the Google Dance - who says disco is dead? :)

Regards...jmcc

Dara

Hardly big jumps, worry if you drop off the first page, otherwise take a chill pill and relax.
They are big jumps in my opinion as very competitive niches and makes a massive difference as regards revenue. The difference for any keyword term between 1st and even 3rd is huge with regards traffic. I fully understand that serps vary all the time but what I was asking is if anyone else is noticing this more constant flux with a website visible one minute, gone the next and then back again.

RedCardinal

They are big jumps in my opinion as very competitive niches and makes a massive difference as regards revenue. The difference for any keyword term between 1st and even 3rd is huge with regards traffic. I fully understand that serps vary all the time but what I was asking is if anyone else is noticing this more constant flux with a website visible one minute, gone the next and then back again.

Both beginning last month and this I think they've been testing a few things. Quite a few changes, and unless you hold onto positions for weeks/months I'd never get worked up that you might actually keep them.

The fun of SEO - you never quite know what's around the corner :)

Dara

Both beginning last month and this I think they've been testing a few things. Quite a few changes, and unless you hold onto positions for weeks/months I'd never get worked up that you might actually keep them.

The fun of SEO - you never quite know what's around the corner :)
Fully agree with you-lot of changes going on between introduction of Local Search and the rumour that they are re-evaluating No Follow links. Makes for interesting times for sure.

RedCardinal

Fully agree with you-lot of changes going on between introduction of Local Search and the rumour that they are re-evaluating No Follow links. Makes for interesting times for sure.

I'm also seeing ranking shifts, and changes to how ccTLD sites are handled in google.com. Quite difficult to track things down, but it looks like they may be running some things for 30 day periods.

Rgds
Richard

Wild Thing

I think you will find if you genuinley step back from the mark, people/businesses in these hard economic times will drill down through the first 10 or so rankings to find value for money before parting with hard earned. I understand this is not relevant to your question on serps but I would not fix what aint broke until you drop of the first page.

Dara

I think you will find if you genuinley step back from the mark, people/businesses in these hard economic times will drill down through the first 10 or so rankings to find value for money before parting with hard earned. I understand this is not relevant to your question on serps but I would not fix what aint broke until you drop of the first page.

I don't really agree fully-perhaps they will depending on what they want-if its information or something unusual or expensive then yes. If its a hotel room-no. A top 5-10 ranking is almost useless now in competitive hotel/city niches even for the main terms as gets little traffic worth hollering about but again depends on the niche I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.