Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kieran

Hi All

Looking for a light ecommerce solution for a client who literally wants to sell 3 items online.
What is the best way to go with him?

And for payment processing should I point him to Realex as his customers will be Irish and will want to use Laser?

All help appreciated...

Kieran

Redfly

Yes for realex.

They also have some scripts that you can use with them as a processor already integrated.

I'd hardcode everything if it's just three items.

800Cart

Give www.800cart.com a try...

it's a fly-weight cart with some big features, plus you don't have to worry about all the security expense by hosting it on your own web site.

Contact us at support@cartsupport.com if you have questions

davedave

I'd hardcode everything if it's just three items.
If the client does not plan on selling more than 3 products then the hardcoding approach is OK. If there is the possibility that they will want to increase the number of products overtime then an investment in an e-commerce solution might be worthwhile.

And for payment processing should I point him to Realex as his customers will be Irish and will want to use Laser?
Does your client have an Internet Merchant Account? You will need an Internet Merchant Account (also referred to as a Merchant Service Agreement) with an acquiring bank in order to use a payment service provider. Realex and WorldNet TPS are the two Irish payment service providers but there are a number of UK providers who work with Irish merchants also. You can find a link detailed comparison of them in my signature.

If your client cannot get an Internet Merchant Account then you can use a Payment Bureau such as PayPal or WorldPay.

Dave

K

Kieran

Thanks Dave read your site already very helpful and informative.

Think what I will do is put a simple Paypal button up see what sort of traffic he gets for the the few items and if he gets some business then look at the other options.

I am suer he wont mind paying he Paypal commission initially as his volume will be very modest even if I do get the traffic to the site.

JayWiz

You can use Magento, osCommerce, Virtuemart and many more.
They all already have payment processing like paypal, credit card, and many more.
All open source, free and working great.

Status
Not open for further replies.