Status
Not open for further replies.

caminowebmaster

I wonder if anyone will part with some knowledge. I have been targeting some niche areas and some go well, others not so.

This is the problem. When I look at some niche areas there are almost no root domains in the 1st page of google - for example search for "ulcerative colitis" - all bar one are inside pages of large authority sites, with very few links.

I have tried to calculate how many links it requires on a root to equal deep links. I do understand that not all links are equal. However for example if I went after all the links attached to one of the deep results and got them all, I have a feeling that this is still not enough and that deep links are treated in a different way.

I have tried this once and so far it is not working and that site will not go above 50 in the SR for the key phrase, the site is less than 1 yr old. (after being sandboxed for too many links too quickly)

Anyone any ideas?

glengara

I think we need to see the site, the terms it's trying to target and the intent behind it.

"I have tried to calculate how many links it requires on a root to equal deep links"

Can depend on the internal navigation, done properly you may not need third party links to internal pages at all.

IMO deep links from third parties can be double-edged, "naturally" they tend to come from similar topic pages from similar topic sites where the link is fully "justified", place them in an alien environment and they tend to stand out somewhat.

caminowebmaster

The problem is not my internal pages but the internal pages of large authority sites.

I want root.com to list for "keywords" - in the SR all the sites that are in the top ten are internal pages.

Intent as always is money!!!

louie

Don't forget, doing SEO on a site requires patients.
Making too many changes too often, might do damage to your website in SERPS.

Do you have a sitemap and did you submitted to Google?

glengara

"...in the SR all the sites that are in the top ten are internal pages." That's as it should be, home pages are rarely as relevant as inner ones particularly when targeting different search terms, and throwing differing anchor text at it can be risky.....

caminowebmaster

Yes, Louie patients.

I have set it all up as I think it should be and have now left it alone and will do for a few months.

However I am still interested about competing against internal pages of large authority sites - and some of these have been optimized quite well also.

louie

you could try as hard as you want, at the end of the day it's up the SE to consider the page relevant for a query or not, and Google usually does a good job but it takes time to built your trust.

koconnor

How I find Niche markets

Hi all,

First time poster long time reader.

Thought I would share with you *one* of my techniques for finding niche keywords that I can write Adsense articles for. In turn you can also create Niche websites based around these *top paying* keywords.
(if this post is in the wrong place, feel free to move it).

It doesn't take long to learn, all you need is a Google Adwords account, and some time.

So fire up your web browser. Navigate to your adwords account, log in and select "Tools" in the bar in Account Snapshot.

On the left hand side select "Keyword Tool".

How would you like to generate keyword ideas?

Here select the Website Content radio button.

Now, over to the right, enter a website. I chose http:// www. rte.ie / news I broke this URL up so you could see it, obviously type the full URL in properly :)

Required field cannot be left blank
make sure to tick Link to other Pages

UNCHECK Group keywords by common terms

In the Euros Box enter 70 as this is the most per keyword.

Click on the Calculate button.

Now sort the keywords by "Estimated Avg. CPC from top to bottom.

Here you have the most expensive keyword on the RTE news website.

So what can you do with this now?

Well take each of the most expensive keywords, and see what the competition is like for this particular keyword...

As of today, the highest paying keyword is Mobile Blog.

What I do now is go to google.com and type in

allintitle:"mobile blog"

Why this?

**Secret exposed time**

In my opinion doing allintitle:"mobile blog" tells me a few things.

Firstly there are 531,000 results for this.

I know there is a large number of websites competing for this keyword. Secondly, I know who has optimised for this keyword as if you or I were wanting to optimise a page for high rankings we would most likely put Mobile Blog in the title of our webpage wouldn't we?

So all in all I wouldn't probably look to making a niche website about mobile blogs as so many others have done this already. Remember, we are looking for niches.

But I found one a little further down, it's Food allergy recipe.

Doing like we did before I ran:

allintitle:"food allergy recipe"

in google.com and got 267 results... There is a niche there alright... Perhaps we could find other keywords with even less results...

So, my steps then to monetise these pages:

1. Write a page about food allergy recipes
2. Make sure the title, all headers and metas are populated with enough keywords for food allergy recipe and then also KEI (keyword Efficiency Index) is high enough.

Submit it to search engines and give it a week or so and see how we fair. Hopefully up near the top!!

I hope my post helps some of you who are struggling looking for niche websites...

Kevin

Tom

Nice technique Kevin, thanks for sharing. I'm off to play around with some of my sites to see if I'm missing out any useful keywords.

Status
Not open for further replies.