receive donations from sms

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauldf

Hi guys

I am new to this forum, so i'm sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong area but i think it is kinda like online marketing in a way.
I volunteer at a non profit animal shelter and we already have a way of people donating online via our website but what we were thinking about adding was, a way people can make a donation to us by just sending an sms from their mobile phone. I went searching the net and i can't find out any information about how to set it up. I was just hoping that someone up here might have done this before or they might know of a place where i can get information about setting it up. Do we have to talk to one mobile provider ( vodafone, o2 etc. ) and sign up with them to do it, or is it done through paypal etc.? Again i'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong area but i would be very thankful for any advice or information you could give.

All the best

Paul

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
I *think* Realex have something for this. If they don't one of the mobile software / micro-payment companies definitely would

pauldf

Hi Blacknight

Thanks a million for your post. I'll go searching 'Realex' and that, at least now i have a starting point.

Thanks again

Paul

abee

hi just found this while searching for a way of setting up a way to donate through text for an irish charity, wondering if you had any luck setting up yours and if so what company did you do it through, i cant find anything at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.