Status
Not open for further replies.

MediaHost

Hey all,

Working on a couple personal and client projects that require keyword research for adwords and typein traffic within Ireland. Currently im using Wordtracker and Keyword Research but can only specify traffic in uk or us!? How do you all find out traffic volumes for keywords in ireland? Is there a better way to research this that just guesstimating from the uk results?

Cheers

Alan

paul

Ninja
Hi Alan,
I don't think there is any readily available tool out there for the Irish market. You could use something like this to guess relatively.

p

MediaHost

Cheers Guys.. Im looking for search numbers for keywords. Eg: How many times 'family lawyer' is searched from within Ireland.

Any further suggestions appreciated.

Alan

MickyWall

If you've got a Google Adwords account you could set up a campaign, adwords group and do an exact match for your term and limit your geographic reach to Ireland. Might not be 100% accurate.

MediaHost

Yes I've done that but just thought there would be an easier way or tool like Wordtracker for the Irish market.

Would a simple percentage of the UK search traffic be reasonable to work off as a guideline to the Irish market searches?

Cheers for all replies!

Alan

Alerner

which might be nmore accurate for volume - Adwords or a keyword tool?

Which provides the best estimate of search traffic volume from Ireland - Adwords as described or a tool like Wordtracker?

I've run both and come up with broadly similar keywords but can't decide which are the most significant, as the search volume puts the keywords in a different order by volume.

MiaDeRoca

If you've got a Google Adwords account you could set up a campaign, adwords group and do an exact match for your term and limit your geographic reach to Ireland. Might not be 100% accurate.

Thats a way we usually test - and the best thing about it: you don't have only mere numbers, but also relevancy (do they click through). Because a search for "family lawyer" might be someone who is interested in a training to be a family lawyer or someone who is looking for a book with the title, or... mere numbers usually does not help you that much.
I am working as SEO for 10 years - and I always have found that there are always great niche terms - where there are hardly any competitors and that get you great conversions. These terms you will never ever find via a database, but by listening to people (what do first-time-customers / potential-customers ask for on the telephone, in e-mails - talk to the people who really work with customers, sales-people are such a good source for good keywords).

anthony

the tools that you are using are useful, but, as you say, targeted on US and UK. Try using the Google Keyword Tool https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal and you can get some specifics for Ireland. The downside is that they do not provide specific numbers of searchers. whereas Yahoo does. so, use Google in conjunction with Yahoo (Yahoo gives the exact volume for searchers in UK and Ireland and the then extrapolate). contact me again if you want more detail regarding this (by the way, Yahoo numbers available using Good Keywords - Find the best keywords for your web pages.)
anthony

Sphynx

Hey all,

Working on a couple personal and client projects that require keyword research for adwords and typein traffic within Ireland. Currently im using Wordtracker and Keyword Research but can only specify traffic in uk or us!? How do you all find out traffic volumes for keywords in ireland? Is there a better way to research this that just guesstimating from the uk results?

Cheers

Alan

Maybe that will help for you Overture Suggestion Tool - Find the most searched keywords!

gav240z

I agree also that this is probably the most accurate way to get good numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.