Status
Not open for further replies.

Toiletroll

Hiya's,
I am pretty new to the SEO stuff but spending a lot of time at it.

Would you mind checking the site and -perhaps suggest ways to improve. Googlebot has not crawled it since the 25th july... How often does it usually crawl?

I have made a lot of changes since. What tools do you use to diagnose websites other than the google tools etc? I tried websitegrader and it seems good.

Thanks

EDIT - I suppose the URL would be handy ;)

louie

first make a choice how your website can be accessed with or without the www.

At the moment both works and you might fail into duplicated content.

Second: you navigation (top) is based on images so no anchor text available. You can achieve the same effect using CSS.

third: no header tags (h1-6)

you can run your website through the Website Analyser and see some of the staff you might be missing.

Toiletroll

first make a choice how your website can be accessed with or without the www.

At the moment both works and you might fail into duplicated content.

Second: you navigation (top) is based on images so no anchor text available. You can achieve the same effect using CSS.

third: no header tags (h1-6)

you can run your website through the Website Analyser and see some of the staff you might be missing.

Thanks for the prompt reply :) I like this place already...

With regards to the www and non www version of the URL Google actually asked me somewhere in webmaster if they are the same site and I chose "yes"... Would this eliminate that problem?

Could you please explain a little more about the CSS anchor issue.

So I should try to seperate all the headers with h1 2 etc and try as much as possible to place some main keywords there?

Thanks for the website analyser its quite clear. There must be many more factors?

Are there any good advanced resources that you recommend I read?

I am also working on content pages for the site.

I am submitting it to as many directories as possible (is this a good idea for natural search result positioning?)

louie

1. Google Webmaster tools works but is better safe than sorry.

2. Using CSS to render the top tabs (at the moment you are using onload for tab images - javascript), you can achieve the same effect and have normal text as anchor linked to the pages you have on your website. SE can not read the content in images.

3. Yes but make proper use of them - 1 x h1 tag is enough - don't abuse it.

4. Thanks

5. Google - the internet is full of how to... - most is down to experience and patients ( a lot of it)

6. Directories are not a bad idea (doesn't add to much value either - gets your link exposed) but too many at one time could be bad, so take it slowly...

Toiletroll

Excellent thanks.

Should my meta-keywords be different on every page or perhaps varations of them? I try to plant the keywords through the text as much as possible, is this a good idea or could I be planting too many and get penalised?

Thanks

louie

TITLE is #1
then the meta description and keywords.
Google doesn't take them into consideration as much, but looking into page context more than anything.

Yahoo and MSN still does, but they don't drive much traffic so... still, have them in place I will say.

Toiletroll

How does a site like chill.ie get 2000 inbound links?

Is there a way to get a lot of links at once effectively?

thanks

Gavin

Is there a way to get a lot of links at once effectively?

There are ways to get lots of links that work effectively but it can very easily back fire and its not really advisable, most all for an Insurance site.

Cover the tips that Louie supplied, make sure every page is complete with content and then submit to local & business directories. Its not the final solution but its a good place to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.