Status
Not open for further replies.

RedCardinal

I am finding it increasingly difficult to reconcile PPC with a proper strategy for some clients, especially those with low priced items or services where the cost of online marketing can not be easily absorbed, or where there is no expectation of return sales and thus no chance to defray the cost over several purchases... any opinions out there?

FWIW...
You could teach them some DIY SEO.

For many niches a small investment of time could reap some pretty good ROI for your clients.

IMO any strategy that places PPC in a central role is fundamentally flawed from the outset. PPC must be viewed as just one tool within a multi-faceted online marketing plan.

There, now I've uttered all my buzzwords for the day :)

TheMenace

Actualy, i must say I'm not a huge respecter of google ads, I click loads of them all the time on google.ie just to waste the money of the advertisers... no law against that & sure google have no objections .

quite often I search for 'web design ireland' or something simlar and then click loads of the google ads to see if I can use up their daily spend.

is that iresponsable ? I don't think so ... just a free market

I'll tell you what you should do. Instead of spending so much time stealing money from your peers and competitors, why not learn how to design a f**king website? Maybe then you could take their money legitimately through competitiveness and competence. Just a thought.

3rigena

I'll tell you what you should do. Instead of spending so much time stealing money from your peers and competitors, why not learn how to design a f**king website? Maybe then you could take their money legitimately through competitiveness and competence. Just a thought.

Quoted for truth.
Classic thread.

Peter McC

Buzzwords aside, how many of your clients understand SEO. All they want to talk about is Google! :rolleyes:

I know this tread is a little cold but I don't get out often:).

Interestingly enough I find a lot of our clients are reasonably well informed (some very well informed) about the value of SEO in so much as THEY often mention the importance of "naming the page correctly" and "the keywords we want to use are...". God be with the days when nobody knew nothin' about nothin' ;)

I'd like to just get back to the topic of the thread, buying and selling websites, for a moment. For those who have bought a website, do you:

1. Continue to host in the same country the site was previously hosted in? (assuming it performed well traffic wise)
  2. Do you pay the seller before you get the domain and content signed over to you?
  3. Do you pay the asking price or haggle a little?
  4. What happens to the licences of stock images on the site, do they automatically transfer to the new owner?
  5. Anything else you'd like to add?
Cheers.

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
It will depend on how much money and content etc., is involved

I'm currently buying a domain using an escrow service. I'll be lucky if the entire transaction takes two weeks!

In other cases it's a lot simpler with software licenses being transferred etc

Status
Not open for further replies.