Status
Not open for further replies.

RedCardinal

Really? Would you care to share? I have only heard of sites with no PR being effected by this export.
Many of my internal pages got PR. No change to homepage. This is the first instance I've heard of where a previously ranked homepage got an increase in PR. Of course the whole process may still have a fair bit to go...

You did some good link building for RFmarketing Dave. (I think I'll be joining you in a couple of nice places very soon :))

Redfly

Thanks. By the nice place I assume you mean the /R ODP cat? ;)

February is when I'm going to do an agressive campaign now that my bases are covered and I have a nice spread.

This latest export is weird. Also, did you notice redsky's little cloaking scheme paid off? I have no idea how they did it. I reported them to Google a hundred times and now look at them!

RedCardinal

Thanks. By the nice place I assume you mean the /R ODP cat? ;)
Actually I was talking about evolt in particular - nice links over there
ODP wouldn't be too bad either ;)
February is when I'm going to do an agressive campaign now that my bases are covered and I have a nice spread.

This latest export is weird. Also, did you notice redsky's little cloaking scheme paid off? I have no idea how they did it. I reported them to Google a hundred times and now look at them!
I did - what a ****** job Google has made. I thought they sorted out the subdomain spam crap ages ago. Of course it has no value for redsky as that page doesn't resolve ("search engine optimisation ireland"). They do nicely for "optimization" though, but who from Ireland spells it that way :)

Not to mention they have the generic search engine icons on the page....

I also see that the redsky.ie page has a big fat PR0. I wonder who they are? I know that Dave at AkaMarketing did some work on their site. I might have a new quest :D

Redfly

Actually I was talking about evolt in particular - nice links over there :)
ODP wouldn't be too bad either ;)

I did - what a ****** job Google has made. I thought they sorted out the subdomain spam crap ages ago. Of course it has no value for redsky as that page doesn't resolve ("search engine optimisation ireland"). They do nicely for "optimization" though, but who from Ireland spells it that way :)

Not to mention they have the generic search engine icons on the page....

Damn, thought I slipped some of those past you ;)
Got my 2 listings in the ODP but God only knows when the Google directory will pick them up. The ODP search for newly listed sites is still broken.

About RedSky, I don't think you see what I mean. The brokenpipefilms.com domain has suddenly changed to redsky's and now resolves perfectly.

RedCardinal

Damn, thought I slipped some of those past you ;)
Got my 2 listings in the ODP but God only knows when the Google directory will pick them up. The ODP search for newly listed sites is still broken.

About RedSky, I don't think you see what I mean. The brokenpipefilms.com domain has suddenly changed to redsky's and now resolves perfectly.
Not where I am (Thailand) - still shows brokenpipefilms :confused:

So they managed to swap that subdomain spam for their site on "search engine optimisation ireland"?

I just posted over on the Google webmaster group about this to vent a little.

Redfly

Not where I am (Thailand) - still shows brokenpipefilms :confused:

So they managed to swap that subdomain spam for their site on "search engine optimisation ireland"?

I just posted over on the Google webmaster group about this to vent a little.

Over here the results have not shifted but xxx.brokenpipefilms.com/xxx has been replaced by xxx.redsky.ie/xxx

Google cache has also been updated from July 2006 to yesterday.

I would absolutely LOVE to know how they did that. I have never seen that before. I have never seen Google leave a result like that in the SERPs for so long either. I really fear for any of RedSkys SEO clients though.

Maybe Adam over at groups can shed some light on the subject? You and him get on well?

That reminds me, I would like to join the group. Just wanted to make sure I didn't steal your thunder ;)

RedCardinal

Over here the results have not shifted but xxx.brokenpipefilms.com/xxx has been replaced by xxx.redsky.ie/xxx

Google cache has also been updated from July 2006 to yesterday.

I would absolutely LOVE to know how they did that. I have never seen that before. I have never seen Google leave a result like that in the SERPs for so long either. I really fear for any of RedSkys SEO clients though.

Maybe Adam over at groups can shed some light on the subject? You and him get on well?

That reminds me, I would like to join the group. Just wanted to make sure I didn't steal your thunder ;)
I see it now and I'm pissed :mad:

Unfortunately Adam is as likely to reply to me as you :(

They simply shouldn't be there - checking the backlinks to that page they're all in-domain. And the links pointing at the root generally have either 'redsky' or 'web design' anchors.

What really gets me though is the 'guarantee':
Red Sky can GUARANTEE top positioning on the major search engines such as Google, Yahoo and MSN using its refined SEO techniques.
That's not doing any favours for an embryonic Search Marketing industry here in Ireland.

Call it sour grapes, but I think a challenge is in order.

paul

Ninja
Some people say that they can get you #1 spot, but it's #1 spot on the Adwords section. Which I guess is kinda true, but in some cases expensive.

RedCardinal

Some people say that they can get you #1 spot, but it's #1 spot on the Adwords section. Which I guess is kinda true, but in some cases expensive.
This could be the case with redsky.ie also. The problem is that they are promoting SEO as far as I can see. Even if they are offering to get you #1 in paid listings, I think their pitch is misleading.

Redfly

I see it now and I'm pissed :mad:

Unfortunately Adam is as likely to reply to me as you :(

They simply shouldn't be there - checking the backlinks to that page they're all in-domain. And the links pointing at the root generally have either 'redsky' or 'web design' anchors.

What really gets me though is the 'guarantee':

That's not doing any favours for an embryonic Search Marketing industry here in Ireland.

Call it sour grapes, but I think a challenge is in order.

I think so too. It's a shame were in competition. I'm leaving you to the SEO terms, I'm going to focus on the marketing terms. I think thats a fair enough compromise for now :)

It's not the fact that they promise a number 1 position that bothers me, it's the aftermath. I see it all the time with my web design company. We get SOOOOO many contracts fixing other "Design Companies" mistakes. An SEO slip up may not be so easy to fix.

I am really surprised Google let this go. They are now number 2 for "search engine optimisation ireland" and you're right, they are nowhere in an allinanchor query.

Redfly

Well, Google Analytics show it and so does crazyegg.com but I think you are looking for [SIZE=-1]www.iwebtool.com/visual_pagerank[/SIZE]

RedCardinal

Funny, I just checked my sitemaps console and it tells me my page witht he highest pagerank is my homepage. My homepage has PR4 while inner pages have PR5. Has done since export before this last one.

My conclusion is that toolbar PR = fairy tales of Ireland.

Gavin

Looks like it. A lot of my newer sites are starting to populate with good PR which is interesting as I havent done much backlink building.

Gotta run...bus to catch. :mad:

mneylon

Administrator
Staff member
Well it's about time :)

I think the subdomain > domain thing caused confusion

OR maybe Google hates me..

Status
Not open for further replies.