Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavin

I have $5 from the gentleman on my left .... $10, do I hear $10? :)

Is this an auction for a link on your site? If so I'll go $10.

You were asking about different prices of links, there is no set price. I see PR 7 links being purchased for $3 a month but then see others going at +$75 a month.

Lots of different factors will call the shots on pricing and by looking at that site in your sig you could earn a nice monthly sum for links. ;)

enzo

Is this an auction for a link on your site? If so I'll go $10.

It's not but the idea has now been sown.. ;)

You were asking about different prices of links, there is no set price. I see PR 7 links being purchased for $3 a month but then see others going at +$75 a month.
Lots of different factors will call the shots on pricing and by looking at that site in your sig you could earn a nice monthly sum for links. ;)

Thanks for the info Gavin, certainly something to think about!

seodave

sorry for bringin and old topic up guys, but wanted to mention my involvement with redsky was about 2-1/2 years ago now at this stage, basically titles and content rewriting, of course nothing underhanded. I've nothing to do with brokenpipedreams thing, don't know whats going on there. Not sure how the conclusion of cloaking was come to???
Someone mentioned dup content on Richards blog, what items are we talking about here?

I do know however that their designer Lisa Westermann was (and presumabely still is) 100% against risky or dodgy practices such as cloaking. Perhaps they've got someone else in less ethical I do not know. From my understanding seo is a small part of their offering.

Redfly

Dave, the result was removed quite a while ago on the last major SERP shuffle. I think that was just a case of something went wrong and they were exposed. God only knows how many "Other" sites they are doing it on (If any).

RedCardinal

Not sure how the conclusion of cloaking was come to???
Someone mentioned dup content on Richards blog, what items are we talking about here?
They republished their site as a subdomain on brokenpipedreams(.com?). 100% dupe copy. That site was ranking well on Google (while their primary domain was nowhere to be found) and sat in Google's cache. But it never seemed to resolve properly which gave the impression that they may have been doing something that was conditional - hence the mention of cloaking.

seodave

They republished their site as a subdomain on brokenpipedreams(.com?). 100% dupe copy. That site was ranking well on Google (while their primary domain was nowhere to be found) and sat in Google's cache. But it never seemed to resolve properly which gave the impression that they may have been doing something that was conditional - hence the mention of cloaking.

Was brokenpipedreams.com and redsky available at the same time?, perhaps they where using that subdomain as a holder/testing URL while migrating servers or something similiar. I don't know what advantage duping their site would bring them, I think they had decent enough rankings anyhow. Also I don't think it's something they would get involved in knowingly. That's just my opinionanyhow and as I say I haven't had involvement with them for a good long time. I'll try a contact or two though and see what I can find out, curious myself now!

paul

Ninja
Here is a novel pagerank site I came across : PageRank 10 - The PR10 SEO Experiment - Add Your Link
basically you link to it, and who ever gives the most refferrs will get the domain. Sadly you will have to wait until it's a pagerank of 10 before they will give it to you. At least the person will make money on text link ads while they are waiting to get to a PR of 10 ;)

Banana Man

Here is a novel pagerank site I came across : PageRank 10 - The PR10 SEO Experiment - Add Your Link
basically you link to it, and who ever gives the most refferrs will get the domain. Sadly you will have to wait until it's a pagerank of 10 before they will give it to you. At least the person will make money on text link ads while they are waiting to get to a PR of 10 ;)

Well whoever started that scam up will be a happy camper. If yahoo.com cant even get a 10 that site has no chance.

Redfly

If I remember correctly all PR10 sites are hand chosen. Of course that could just be my imagination....

Hand chosen? I don't agree. Of course there is no way to know, but Google are VERY big on their algos and have said numerous times in big publications that human intervention is not happening.

Even their spam reports get no manual treatment. They just use the spam reports to improve their alogo.

RedCardinal

I am pretty (marginally?) sure that the PR10 list is hand edited. Only way to get on is to pass the human test. Of course, i'll stand to be corrected :)

back to IM now Dave

Gavin

Even their spam reports get no manual treatment.

Didn't they create a hand review team in the Dublin office not so long back? An even better excuse for Matt Cutts visiting the office, wild assumption though. Would be good to get some insider info, anyone got a mate in Google Ireland? :cool:

I haven't heard on PR10's being hand selected but with only a few having the score it wouldn't make the process difficult. Why go to the bother to hand select these sites?

Redfly

Whoever wastes their time and energy on promoting it deserves the letdown they are going to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.