Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfly

New it wouldn't be long :)

Richard, your blog (And Mine) is showing PR6 on some DCs. Good for you you.

RedCardinal

New it wouldn't be long :)

Richard, your blog (And Mine) is showing PR6 on some DCs. Good for you you.
Cheers. I ave to admit I never built links for PR, only for rank. But it is nice to get some recognition from Google :)

I seem to have quite a few PR6 inner pages also now (some quite new).

It appears that my wee web design site which only has a few pages and has not really been updated at all in the last 2 years :-

JMCWD.com - Jordan McClements Web Design, Portaferry, Newtownards, County Down, Northern Ireland

now has a page rank of 5.

It has very few links and a VERY small amount of traffic compared to the subdomain

Free Northern Ireland Photos / Desktop Backgrounds / Wallpaper

which has a page rank of 4

Does this make sense? Does the parent domain always get a higher rank than a subdomain?

Then it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever that jmcwd.com has a page rank of 5 and ni-photos.jmcwd.com has a page rank of 4...

(Having tempted fate now - jmcwd.com will undoubtedly drop to a page rank of '2' !) :)

enzo

Page Rank is something I never bothered looking at, is it important?

Btw, my site is up to PR7 ;)

paul

Ninja
Some people seem to get too caught up with it. But PR can help you get new pages indexed sooner, increase you ad revenue (TLA) and other things like that.

People will pay you money to have links to their site on yours. (let me know if you are interested !)

enzo

Well then, how much for a 6 month sitewide on your site? (Not interested, just curious)

Was that for me?
I don't really know what to charge. I only have 2 advertisers on my site (I have rejected quite a few) and I know I charge them far too little.

Anyone with links to pricing guidelines?

Redfly

Your best bet is to register on Text Link Ads (My Aff link) then when you have a full inventory, negotiate a price with each advertiser of 1/3 of what they are paying, and you are receiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.